Sunland Park Curbside Solid Waste
Curbside Trash Service
Since October 2012, SCSWA has provided solid waste curbside service to residents who reside within the city limits of Sunland Park, NM. Residents are provided with trash carts and are serviced at least once a week.
How to Prepare for Curbside Cart Service
- Residents should ensure that their carts are placed out for servicing by 6 am on their scheduled pick-up days.
- Place carts at the curb or within 3 feet of the driving surface, road or lane with the opening facing the street or alley.
- Ensure that your cart(s) are at least 5 feet away from low-hanging objects, trees, mailboxes, vehicles, utility meters, basketball hoops, or other objects.
- All residential garbage MUST be bagged and tied before placing in a container which includes household waste, wet or moist waste like food, food containers, green fresh yard waste, pet waste, or disposable diapers.
- Avoid "overflow", placing more in your solid waste container than what actually fits inside of it.
- Max 300 lbs. There will be a charge for a Go Back Service.
- For additional container(s) and rates, please contact the customer service office at 575-528-8068
- Lids should be properly closed to prevent spillage and littering.
- Bungee cords strapped to containers are NOT allowed. Please do not spray paint, drill into, or fasten any objects to your cart.
What Not to Put into Your Cart
- NO - Large appliances and boxes; furniture or auto parts.
- NO - Concrete, Rocks, dirt, sod, or livestock waste.
- NO - Construction, remodeling, or demolition material.
- NO - Hot ashes, oil, gas, paint, or any form of hazardous waste.
- NO - Tree trimmings that exceed two feet.
What to Do if You Have Too Much Garbage Your Cart
- Use the new Grappler Service once a month to alleviate the extra waste
- You can take excess trash to Camino Real Landfill at 1000 Camino Real, Sunland Park, NM. There will be a fee, depending on the total volume assessed.
- You can arrange for a second container for an additional charge of $9.96 per month.
- Remember that only household waste placed in the container will be picked up, waste outside of the bin or near it is the responsibility of the account holder.
Who Is Responsible for the Cart
The resident is responsible for any loss, theft, fire damage, or other damage caused by negligence or abuse of the container.
- Containers damaged by customer will be assessed a replacement fee.
- We will replace or repair a container broken through NORMAL USE.
- Each homeowner should record the serial number from the container assigned to the home.
- It is the customer's responsibility to keep their container clean by washing it as often as necessary.
- Each homeowner is REQUIRED to bag and tie all waste to help keep container(s) clean and odor free.
- Please do not move carts around; cart(s) must stay at the address to which they are assigned. If the cart(s) is not at the assigned address it will not be serviced.
Download the Sunland Park Curbside Solid Waste Services Flyer:
- Sunland Park Curbside Solid Waste Services Flyer English (PDF)
- Sunland Park Curbside Solid Waste Services Flyer Spanish (PDF)
New Grappler Service
Effective as of February 1, 2018. The SCSWA grappler truck picks up large trash items that are unable to fit into your trash bin/cart and arrives once a month on your regular trash day.
Current Solid Waste Service Rates
Effective as of July 2022:
- Solid Waste Residential Cart Service for 1 - 96 gallon bin: $20.46 per month
- Additional Charge for an additional/extra bin: $9.96 per month/bin.
Note that taxes and additional fees may be applicable.
SCSWA holiday schedule
Only three holidays will affect collection service:
- Christmas Day
- New Year's Day
There will be no collection on these holidays and collection services for the remainder of the affected week may be delayed by one day. The following week will return to the normal collection schedule. Questions or concerns about your solid waste service? Call 575-528-8068 Questions or concerns about your solid waste bill? Call Camino Real Regional Utility Authority (CRRUA) at 575-589-1075.
Questions or concerns about your Sunland Park solid waste service? Call 575-528-8068 Se Habla Español
Questions or concerns about your solid waste bill? Call Camino Real Regional Utility Authority (CRRUA) at 575-589-1075.
View the current Grappler Schedule as a PDF by viewing the 2023 SCSWA Grappler Schedule (PDF).