Residential Curbside Recycling

SCSWA oversees the collection contract for curbside recycling within the Las Cruces city limits. Curbside residential recycling services is provided via a collection hauler, Friedman Recycling. Residents within city limits can utilize a 96-gallon collection cart for biweekly recycling service. See list below of acceptable recyclable materials.

The contracted hauler collects the recyclables from homes and transports the recyclables to the SCSWA Trash Transfer Station. The recyclables are then prepared and transported to the materials recovery facility, Friedman Recycling Plant, in northeast El Paso for final processing.

If you need to request a recycling cart call customer service at 575-541-2111. Please notify customer service representative that your question is on Recycling to expedite your request.

What To Recycle

Most Preferred:

  • Corrugated cardboard
  • Plastic Bottles Number 1
  • Plastic Bottles Number 2
  • Copier/Printer Paper
  • Aluminum, Steel and Tin Can

Least Preferred but accepted:

  • Junk mail and mixed paper
  • Includes but is not limited to: newspapers, magazines, colored paper, coated paper, phone books, etc.
  • Softcover and hardcover books
  • Plastics Number 3-#7 and rigid plastics
  • Chip/paperboard (i.e. shoe boxes, tissue and cereal boxes, empty toilet paper and paper towel rolls, pasta and food boxes, milk and juice cartons)
  • Shredded paper must be bagged in clear bags. Material bagged in shopping bags, white or any other colored bag be discarded
Got an Oops Tag

If you Don't Have Access To City Curbside Recycling

Are you a county resident? Don't have access to city curbside recycling? For more information please visit the County Waste & Recycling page.